星期一, 4月 18, 2005

Telephone call

One of my favorite colleagues called 10 minutes ago to tell me about a patient I saw yesterday was HIV positive. I was sleeping when the phone rang, I was not particular excited, the reason he called was not to tell me about this , the real reason was that that patient had emergent operation for his wound, and the operation room staffs called my colleagues and yelled at him for not telling them about the fact. My colleague himself did not know about the patient HIV status until they called, he was polite enough to explain that he was "innocent", In fact, a "victim" just like everyone in operation room. .......
The truth is that here health care providers still see HIV as a 'must -die" curse. I don't think those nurses in OR have right to blame my colleague, isn't that universal precaution applied to every patient? Treat everyone as if they all have deadly disease.
I was to suppose to sleep until late morning, now I am up already and can't go back to bed.

沒有留言: