星期日, 4月 10, 2005

I delivered a baby

Everything happened so quickly, just 20 minutes ago, a women came to ED screaming
"Baby's head is out already"
The mom was rashed into our resuscitation room, I quickly put on the sterile glove, asked mom to put her legs up against the handrails. The top of the head appearedpartially in the vagina opening. I asked mom to push hard when next contraction came. Few seconds later, contraction came and mom just pushed hard and screamed hard too. Luckily, the baby came out smoothly and healthy.
It was a special moment when the baby was delivered, the baby crying sounded as a celebration of coming to our world and the room was full of joy and happiness.
It is not common to deliver baby in emergency deparment locally, but for some unknown reason I had delivered two babies in a month in my ED. And thanks Gods, all babies were fine and arrived to our world safely.

沒有留言: